Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Visual Poem



Hey guys! It's me again recently Mr. Sanderl gave all GT students a project, My Visual Poem. My poem is about the rush I feel when I approach the field and play my favorite sport Soccer and how passionate I am about the exciting sport; just letting my spirit flow free while the air guides me to the goal. How I have worked so hard to accomplish my goal of being the best soccer player I can be.The visuals made an impact by really expressing the feelings of the story and showing the viewers what really happens when I go to soccer, when I get ready to practice and the game.

The special effects I added were pretty good. In my opinion I think that my special effects really brought interest because they were all so cool like the Kens burn effect, the dissolves, etc. All of them added this really awesome extra to the video. It captured the excitement I felt when dribbling the ball towards the goal and shoot the ball as hard as I can into the goal. The audience will probably love the effects I brought into the video and the rush when it dissolves and the Kens Burn effect and a whole bunch of other stuff.

There were some difficulties in making the film like some shots weren't focused enough or the camera was very stable. The hardest thing was putting all the clips together and having someone else shoot something of me that I wanted to shoot, but I couldn't. Another problem is that I had to get a lot of footage but I didn't get to use all of it because some clips were too long and it didn't make sense if I cut off a little bit of some clips and left some other stuff and it was just very frustrating.

The video overall I thought was Great!! I think that I did a really good job  filming and editing and just thinking of the ideas. My poem was on point it sounded great the way I expressed my feelings and how I made the shot feel the rush I have when dribbling down the field. I really liked the shot if me when tying my shoes and walking on/off the field. I really can't choose which shot I liked best because they're all so great, but they do have some problems with them.


24 comments:

  1. Great topic I like soccer
    You should work on having stable shots
    I love how you got shots from practice and your games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you gave your opionen on the topic
    you camara was unsteady at some points
    I liked your picture of you and your friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I like the writing piece
    2. So many camera movement
    3. The last part when you were doing tricks with the soccer ball is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the close angle shots
    You need to practice your A-Roll a bit better, you are speaking really slow
    I love how you describe soccer, for example "The whistle Blows" to start and end the game

    ReplyDelete
  5. The text effects draw my attention specifically the "Soccer" that disappears into sparkles
    No complaints here either
    I like how you put the poem together, Very well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your close up of the goalie.
    I couldn't really see you running towards the goal in a shot.
    I loved how you you showed your self practicing and great picture with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you described soccer and what it means to you
    The camera movement was ok but at times distracting
    Some powerful words you said in your visual poem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the effects
    Some shots are shaky
    I like the angel of shots

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great topic about soccer I kinda like soccer
    I hear a fan noise again
    Great shots they are fun to watch

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have really good shots of you playing soccer.
    In the wide shot of you playing soccer in a game, I couldn't tell which one was you because it was so far away.
    Your poem was written very well, it seems like soccer means a lot to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the way you started off, the way you showed yourself getting ready.
    When you showed the word the word went a little fast.
    I loved the way you showed the goalie and how she tryed for the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great last shot
    You have the last shot twice
    Nice team shot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all of your transitions
    one of the shots were really wobely
    I like all of the words you put up on screan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the shots you took
    You should use more effects
    Great shot of the ball hitting the goal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good B-roll like the goalie shot
    maybe you could use a little more effects
    cool shot at the end of you dribbling the ball

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the lighting in all your clips.
    There's a lot of camera movement that isn't stable.
    I like how you got that shot of you kicking the ball into the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice voice over it is really descriptive
    a little camera movement
    good b-roll it shows a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like how you got so much action shots of you and your team playing
    There could be more actions when your playing with a soccer ball
    And your poem was really well written

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shots of your soccer game were really good
    The poem could have used more effects
    Your audio was really well spoken

    ReplyDelete
  20. •The writing of the poem was really good
    •Some of the b-roll was kinda shaky
    •The Text layovers at the end were pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the different angles you got like the goalie jumping for the ball
    Some shots were a little bit shaky
    I really like the the pacing of your words in your poem

    ReplyDelete
  22. I liked your ken burns effect on that picture!
    There was some camera movement
    Really great soccer shots!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like your visual poem Talia! I liked all the different b-roll you had in your project.
    One thing you could've done better is apply what your saying to the b-roll a little better.
    I liked the effects that you used in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like how your voice is so clear
    There could be more actions when your playing
    I like how your visuals match with the words with your poem

    ReplyDelete