Monday, April 25, 2016

Character Development


Hey guys! It's me again and third quarter has just ended and it's the start of our final quarter. 4th quarter! The project we'll be working on for this part of the 4th quarter is puppet warping. What is puppet warping? you might ask . Well Puppet Warping is when you move certain points of an image by placing a mesh over the image when you use it in Photoshop and place pins over the parts you want to move. I hope you enjoy this blog post!!

In this project we have to make a pose associated to how we are like and our personality. Personally, I think that I am kind of perky, fun, and crazy. In this case I would probably pose with my hands in a weird position because I'm pretty weird. I'd also tilt my head or shake my head or something like that because I'M CRAZY!! Some imperfections I think I have are that I get kind of mad when things don't go the right way and I get frustrated if people aren't really following or doing the right things. For example, if I'm trying to teach someone something and they don't get it I try to understand , but it just gets really frustrating when they don't understand and I have to keep repeating myself. I feel like I should try and be more optimistic when in a frustrating situation. That's an imperfection I think I have.

The character that we create will definitely look weird because we are suppose to exaggerate and make the character traits of us look wacky. Some character traits I plan on exaggerating are my arms, legs, probably my head, and some certain parts of my face or my facial features because I just want my character to just go everywhere and look crazy! In order to do this I'll need to mess around with my different body parts and make them long, short, and curved, etc.

The process I had to use to actually create this .GIF animated character is going to be a challenge, but I know that I can accomplish it if I work super duper hard! If you want to learn what I did to finish this project keep reading. First of all, I had to take pictures I took 3, but you just need one I took 3 to give me an option on what I could use. I decide to use the one of me facing forward with my legs and arms spread apart so that I could make adjustments in Photoshop. After I took the pictures I had to cut them out in PhotoShop then I used my puppet warp tool and went to work. I added a background, drew some designs in my background, and saved it as a .GIF file. I really like my .GIF animated character because the way it moves really focuses on how I act and my personality sort of.

1 comment: