Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Animated Life Lessons



Hey guys! It's me again, TALIA, and here's another blog post for you to read. What we've been working on for the past weeks is Puppet Warping and Animations. We have just finished our final Animation which works with puppet warping as you probably know if you've read my previous blog post. I hope you enjoy this post and feel free to read any of my previous post about the projects I've worked on earlier in the year.

My teammates, Raiden and Leilia, have kind of opposite personalities. Raiden is the type of person to tell you his opinions and if you like them he likes you, but if you don't then don't even try talking to him nah jkjk. Raiden is bold and is very creative. He comes up with some of the greatest ideas you'll ever hear, he's great with animation, he gets very hyped like when people roast other people , and he can do all sorts of accents and in this case, he did a Bruce Buffer accent and was pretty good at that. Leilia my other teammate is kind of the opposite from Raiden she's a go with the flow type of person and she's ok with going along on some of our ideas. For example, the project we're working on right now Raiden proclaimed his idea of a dance battle and she and I just went with it. She also judges others which is why we chose her to be the bully, just kidding in real life she's super nice. We just used her to be mean in the animation because I wanted to be the winner haha *laughing emoji*. Raiden was the dance battle commentator because first of all he knows how to make a Bruce Buffer voice second he's very hype and in this he needed to be excited so that the viewers got a sense that he loves when people roast each other, as I said earlier.

In this animation we of course had to add some type of humor. What my team and I did was we had Raiden record his voice overs in a bruce buffer voice and if you don't know who that is then you can just click this LINK!! Anyways going back to humor. We also had Raiden use his voice as Leilia and my voice. In my opinion I think that was pretty funny and it will be for sure funny to you guys, hopefully. Our life lesson is to not BULLY because bullying is very bad and there needs to be a STOP to it. People judge each other all the time and that's what Leilia was doing to me in the video. She was judging me because I didn't look "tough" enough to dance against her, but I won in the end because little did she know I was a skilled performer. The main reason we made this was to get across the point that bullying is a terrible thing to do and it could end up hurting you instead of your target.


For this project Mr. Sanderl had us work with people that we had never worked before this school year. I had as you know Leilia and Raiden and they were both great people to work with. Raiden was great with helping out with ideas and actually animating some of the scenes he contributed a lot and so did Leilia. They were both very helpful to the team and I'm glad I got to work with them. The biggest challenge we probably faced was when we had to actually use the puppet warp tool. My team members and I could not get that thing to work the way we wanted. It was very hard for us to actually move our arms and get the body parts to move in the direction we wanted. I think we all did a great job on this project and the best moment we probably had was when we were editing the entire project and just all of the crazy ideas that we all came up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment