Monday, February 1, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

Hey guys it's me again and you know what this is, another blog post and if you're viewing this thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and while you're here make sure to scroll beneath this post to all of my other post and check those out too. I hope you enjoy this post and stay tuned to next weeks post, Thank You! Now a little update of what we'll be doing in GT. Right now the GT students at KMS are working on Photomontages. If you don't know what photomontages are here's a  brief explanation. Photomontages are when you take several different photos and arrange them to create a new picture or abstract art.

David Hockney is the perfect example of someone who knows how to capture art when working with photomontages. David Hockney is an influential pop artist known for creating photomontages. He has created some very excellent photomontages and I as well have some photomontages that i've created, but between the two of us ours aren't exactly the same. First of all, we both have different meanings behind the photomontage and purpose we have when actually going out and taking the pictures. Basically the first way we're different is by the meaning and thought we have when we create the entire photomontage and the process that we do it in. Another way we're different is how we arrange the images and what we prefer for our montages to look like.

There are different meanings behind every single photo that is taken in the world wether it's intended or not there is no picture that doesn't have a meaning. Those meanings can send either a positive or negative message to the viewer based on how they look at it. They can look at the things around the image to get a sense of what the image is trying to show and the color of it too. For example, if I were to look at a picture of a sun in the sky I would probably look at the color of the sky and other things that are in the picture to see what the feel of the picture is. If the sky is like blue than I would probably think of how nice it looks, but somebody else could think that it's a negative sign and how when you look at the sun it hurts your eyes. Sometimes when you look at a picture and think it's either positive or negative just remember somebody else could think the total opposite of what you think the picture means.

For my final photomontage I want people to really look at it and get the sense of my athletic side and see what I want to keep doing further in life; I enjoy being athletic especially when I'm playing soccer. Soccer is the main focus for this photomontage because I'm really looking forward to seeing how I will progress from my soccer process and my achievements with the sport. I have a very strong feeling for the sport mainly because I've been playing it almost my whole life and its just grown on me and I just really enjoy playing it. I hope to keep doing the sport when I get older and maybe even make it a profession of mine. In my photomontage the soccer shoes are representing my association with soccer and the road is symbolizing the long journey ahead I have with the sport. I hope that when people view and look over my photomontage they'll see my feelings for soccer and that i want to continue with soccer and can't wait for the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment