Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

Hey guys!! Today i'll be writing about what i'm currently working on in GT which is, a Motivational Poster as you can see, it is the title for this blog. Well anyways I hope you enjoy this post and the rest of my story will be below!!ENJOY!!


If you're wondering what the requirements are for this motivational poster is you're in luck because i'll be explaining what they are right now! For this poster there will be a total of 4 images in the motivational poster one portrait of yourself and 3 symbolic images of what represents you I chose a small little plant because in the world Im just a small part of it, but i’ll go a long way and grow as I get older; I’ll achieve many of my goals and become what i’ve always wanted to be just like a plant i'll get stronger in the future and like the plant's many leaves I as well have many talents. My second image is my soccer cleats because they're so dependable for me and i'm dependable when it comes to someone needing my help. They're bright and have sharp cleats like I have a sharp mind. My final symbolic image is the sun. I think that the sun represents me because I need people in my life. The people who I care most about are like the ocean I reflect on them and they shine right back onto me and I need them because without them I'd have no purpose in life. In the motivational poster you also need a total of 2 text layers, one is going to be a your personal quotes and the other o-manifesto. Those are the layer requirements now for the design requirements. All of your text should be Kerned to fill up the entire page with absolutely no blank space All text should be KERNED to fit across the entire page with no holes or blank spaces. We need a triadic color scheme which consist of 1 dominant color and 2 accent colors. There should also be your Text layer blending options which are drop shadow, stroke, outer glow, and bevel & emboss. Finally there should be adjustment layers over the images.


 The first thing I did when creating the motivational poster is I wrote down some personal quotes that I live by and hope to accomplish by the end of the year. Then, I opened PhotoShop and added the personal quotes in there and personalized them to fit the entire page and I just played around with the fonts, text size, and the width of the spacing. Next, I added my manifesto in there and did the same thing that I did with my personal quotes. Then, I took 3 symbolic images and added them to the PhotoShop document that I was working on. Speaking of images I also had Kyler my photographer take a portrait picture that I approved on and added that to PhotoShop. Finally, I worked hard and just edited the layers to make it appealing to my eye; I did that by adjusting the text the images and some other things that I thought looked excellent I followed all of the requirements and made sure that my piece of work looked like the best work I could do. I am actually very proud of my work

 This project was a struggle at some points, but I managed to get though those difficulties and finish with a strong meaningful piece of work. The probably most struggle I had was when I had t choose the colors for my triadic color scheme and probably when I had to arrange the text and images to fit perfectly with each other. It was pretty difficult because some images were bigger than others and I also had to find what fonts I wanted to put over my actual text, that was a struggle too, but I think the most struggle I had was KERNING!!! I just could not figure out how to kern the text so that it would fit perfectly in the photoShop document, but I just kept playing with the adjustment tools so that it would actually fit and guess what it worked and the text fit perfectly. I also wouldn't have done it with out Mr. Sanderl's tutorials on how to Kern, butI also used prior knowledge from last year .

No comments:

Post a Comment