Thursday, February 5, 2015

HDR Photography

Our current project for GT is to take seven pictures of a landscape of our choice. HDR aka High Dynamic Range is a process that creates a clear scene to the eye by taking multiple contrast images. High Dynamic Range is used when your in the worst situation possible, you have the perfect shot and your at the golden hour of the day, but your camera sucks, and the balance of your colors are really uneven and the image looks extremely weird. I really like that instead of seeing really blurry and unbalanced photos the photos you've processed with HDR come out to be crystal clear and when you use HDR your photos turn out really detailed and amazing.

To create a final HDR image you need to follow these steps.
-Take 7 amazing photos from dark to light
-Import them to your device(make sure you have Photoshop)
-Go to Photoshop and click File>Automate>Merge to HDR Pro
-A pop up will come and you need to go to your folder and pick out the 7 photos
-Click ok, and Photoshop will do the rest
This is totally different from automatic HDR; when using auto HDR the device does all of the processing by itself you don't really have to do anything because the device is doing it for you. When you create an HDR image manually it feels like your actually learning something because you're going through the process of making the image, and not the device that uses auto HDR.

For my first photo, the HDR landscape, I knew I had a beautiful scene behind me, the sleeping giant, so I decided that since I have such a wonderful scene why not use this scenery to make an outstanding image. I really wanted a line that leads to somewhere (leading Lines) so, I thought of using my road as a line and I could get on the ground so that it would look like it was leading to my neighbors house. I also realized that by getting on the ground I would create sort of and unusual angle. I took my shots and thought they were really good so I kept them. For my other HDR image the HDR Experiment, I thought of getting my mom. I thought put my mom on the side of a vase with beautiful bright flowers to brighten up the portrait. I placed her in the rule of thirds, but I made the mistake of not giving her enough look room. I only realized that during Mr. Sanderls' class when he was critiquing my HDR Experiment.

27 comments:

  1. Very surreal!
    You can see through Lani's arm.
    Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of the road!
    I think Lani's arms could look more natural.
    I like the text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture of the road!
    I think Lani's arms could look more natural.
    I like the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool landscape
    not very realistic
    the text matches well

    ReplyDelete
  5. super surreal
    can see through her arms
    cool backround

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good text.
    Make her bigger.
    Pretty good rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Surreal!
    She looks like a a ghost.
    Great text.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's surreal
    I can see through the models arm
    Nice landscape

    ReplyDelete
  9. really surreal
    Lani's arm could be fixed
    the text really fits

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how she is looking up
    Doesn't look like she is actually there
    Like the text

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the surrealism
    The cut out could've done better

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very surreal.
    The word doesn't really go with it.
    Nice rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very surreal
    Her arms are see through
    Nice text

    ReplyDelete
  14. its surreal
    She looks like a ghost
    i really like the text

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Nice word of choice
    2. You can see through Lani
    3. Great background

    ReplyDelete
  16. The road is a cool shot for texture

    ReplyDelete
  17. very surreal
    you can see straight through her arm
    The text could be fixed a little

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very surreal
    Could make the cut out better
    Good landscape

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very surreal.
    You can see through Lani's arm a little.
    The text font really fits the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the clouds in the picture
    Maybe you could have placed the text somewhere else
    I really like the text

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the way you colored your text.
    The cut-out quality could have been done better.
    Your word itself is very surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your experiment is phenomenal.
    Maybe work on your kerning.
    Great rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very surreal.
    See through arm.
    Text could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are super surreal
    She's a G-G-G-G-GHOOOSST
    Nice landscape

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you made the symbols realy match you
    You could of made less - space
    I also liked how you blended it

    ReplyDelete