Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Hey guys! so our current project in GT is to create a Double Exposed Portrait. Portrait photography is photography of one person or multiple people showing emotion, personality, and mood of the subject. When taking portraiture the face is the main focus of the photograph, but other parts of the body may be added if necessary. The portrait photography is related to Silhouette because the profile image strongly depends on the main parts of the face (chin, nose, and forehead) these features make the image clear and understandable. When taking a portrait photograph you include the chin, forehead, and nose because those parts are part of the face which is how portraiture and profile view are related. It's related to profile view because both have a side view, outline, or represent some type of object.



This is an explanation on how double exposed portraits are created. First, take 3 amazing photos; 1 being the profile and 2 photos of anything you like or symbolizes you. For example you could capture shots of trees because you really like trees or you could take a picture of flowers, your favorite sport, beach, etc. Then, after taking those incredible photos you need to import them and open them in photoshop by first clicking on File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack. After all of your layers are there, there's a dodge tool icon on the left pallet the tool looks like a balloon with a straight stick coming out of it. When you click on that tool the brush icon should now be your mouse and you need to adjust it where it's either hard or soft big or small, but you really want to get around the edges so I would suggest using a small brush. After your done dodging your image you need to size and then crop your image. Once you've done that turn all of your layers to screen mode and after you've done that all images should be opaque.

The two symbols I used are soccer and a sunset. i used these symbols because I thought that these really symbolized what I do with my free time and what I love to do. I took a picture of me with a soccer ball and my cleats because soccer is only like my number one favorite sport ever!! i love soccer and when Mr. Sanderl said that we had to rake pictures of what we love to do Soccer is the first thing that came to head. I used a sunset that I took from my church because I thought that the way the trees blocked some of the sky kind of told how i'm shy when I first meet you and then when you get the inner me, you really know me, and you got your way through my barrier it's very bright and vibrant because i have a very enthusiastic personality and i'm just very colorful, but you can only find out if you get through to me. I just really liked these topics that i took pictures of.

I hope you enjoyed reading and looking at this weeks post I hope you read and view all of my other post and have an Amazing day!! See ya Later:))

23 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The sunset is awesome!
    The leg in your soccer picture looks like she's being skewered through her head.
    Awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sunset is amazing
    The colors could be more idk?!
    great overall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great symbols!
    Your back is cut off!
    Great look room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see your face nice and clear
    Do you relate to your pom trees?
    Nice symbols overall

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see da symbols

    Good cutout & profile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can clearly see your images
    There is an arm going through your head
    The images blend well together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors, and blending.
    Your back is cut-off.
    Great symbols, great adjustment layers, and awesome job, overall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the symbols
    Maybe show more textures
    I really like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sunset is awesome!
    There is a ton of negative space.
    Awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great symbols!
    I would place your shoes higher
    Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like you kicking the soccer ball
    You have a lot of look room
    I like the sunset image

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunset is awesome!
    I could tell it was you playing soccer at first. (I just saw a soccer ball)
    Great over all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your symbols
    your leg looks like it is being skewered
    Can clearly see both

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great symbols
    Your back is cut off
    Awesome color

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can clearly see both symbols
    the top of your head is faded than all of a sudden I see your head
    I am just speechless

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see two images clearly.
    Good head room.
    I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the backstories with the symbols
    The soccer ball symbol was a little hard to see
    The sunset was a beautiful shot

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. I like the sunset image, it's very nice
    2. Too much negative space
    3. Great overall image

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sunset is amazing
    I think your have too much negative space
    Great overall

    ReplyDelete
  20. good symbols
    I can't see the whole top image
    good job blending the images

    ReplyDelete
  21. I rally like how vibrant the colors are
    You could have done better on the negative space
    And I really like how both symbols represent you

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the way your symbols really pop out.
    I think you could have cropped your image better.
    I like the way you dodged your image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great vibrance with the sunset!
    To much negative space
    Great overall

    ReplyDelete